Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday 2/10/06

Well it has been a strange day so far, well not strange but different. I was driving the children to school when I became the second person to stop at a car accident. A van had pulled out infront of a car travelling at about 50 mph. Another woman who was very accertive had stopped and had everything under control. She had phoned 999 and help was on the way, we stayed with a chap that was walking wounded, his nose was dripping blood so I provided tissues to stem the bleeding. I asked my son to get out of the front seat of the car and let the man sit down as he was in shock and could hardly stand. The other lady had got him out of his car because it was steaming and she wasn't sure if it was going to catch on fire. I am sure it was better to move him than see him frazzle. Anyway the man refused politly to sit in my car, as he said if his back went when he sat down then the paramedics might want to cut the roof of the car to get him out. Darn it! I missed my chance there to get a new car, I know it isn't a joking matter. He seemed to know what he was talking about as he was an ex policeman. He was miffed as he said he had not long had his nose reset after breaking it for a second time, looked like he was going for op number 3. At least he was alive and not smashed up to badly ,unlike his poor car. The van had gone through a fence and smashed into the side of someones garage, the driver was being taken care of by the people who's garage/house it was. It wasn't until later that I realised that no-one esle stopped and asked if we needed any help, they just over took us and carried on thier way. What is the world coming to?
I do hope the two men were ok, I left as the police arrived and went on my way to school. I wasn't shaken but it really made me think. We are often running late in the mornings and in a rush to get to school/work on time. I want to make sure that, that never happens to us, so I am really going to make an effort to get out of the house at least 5 minutes earlier from now on. I'm sure most accidents happen when drivers are in a hurry, because they are late. I might be wrong but it was a real wake up call seeing that accident scene this morning. I am not being morbid, but I really feel like it was a sign.

No comments: