Friday, August 27, 2010

Tangy Socks and Mugs with Spots.



On Tuesday my Daughter said that if I was to knit her some socks then she wanted them in wool that was "Orange, Green and White." I really couldn't believe I would find sock wool in those colours, however on Ipswich market there was the very wool. Result. I also got a free pattern.
Next day when I was over visiting Nicola at Halfpenny Home, taking her a birthday present and showing her my find, she got me to start my first ever sock. I am addicted already and have reached the heel, hopefully I will be able to work out how to turn the heel all by myself.
On Wednesday I picked up Natty from summer school and we called into my favourite cook shop at Debenham to buy some silicone cupcake cases, when Natty spotted a set of four spotty mugs. She loved the orange one so we had to have them, I didn't need much persuading as I have a mug addition too.
It wasn't until I set up a photo of the socks, mugs and jug with flowers that I realised that the jug and flowers matched. There is definitely an orange and green theme going on in our house at the moment.

1 comment:

Diann @ the thrifty Groove said...

Well what fun you had! Green and Orange kind of day for you!

Have a wonderful weekend!