Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday morning clean up! Yuck!

Oh! how I hate cleaning. I have only done the kitchen, then I heard the computer calling me, sad I know.
Well yesterday I had a whole list of jobs I was going to do when a friend phoned and said she was at a really good carboot sale and to get my tail down there straight away. I put up resistance>NOT !!! he he. It was ok when I got there, but not as good as she said. Then again she has different taste to mine (well she thinks I don't have any, I think.) she is so hip & trendy and I love shabby chic (she calls it shabby shit) The thing is she will direct me to a stall saying this is shabby chic isn't it and it "is so not" (I think I have been listening to my 8 year old DD to much, I'm picking up all her sayings) Mind you I have no idea about Trendy stuff so we are equal. At least we aren't fighting over the same stuff, which would be terrible.(unlike our DD's who both like anything Pink, fluffy, Trendy and Bratz...Girlfriend!!!Yah!!!) Oh! and my DD loves monkeys!)
Well I didn't come away empty handed( never can )
I bought a pine plate rack(modern, I wish it was old)For £1,I think I will paint that.
A small linen box > 50p, A set of old cutlery >£2, a glass door knob > 50p and 3 flying Ducks for £2.50.
I need to get organised as I still haven't found homes for all of saturdays carboot finds.
On a different subject, I have been looking at some other Blogs and I am now addicted. I can spend hours reading them and then going from one to another, this is a whole new world to me and I love it. I am getting sucked in to a parallel universe, I think it is because I am interested in so many things.(my kids say it is because I am nosey. Huh! really.....tut tut!!) Anyway I will post this, do some more housework and then look at somemore Blogs.

No comments: