Monday, September 25, 2006

Ruby.

My Dad and our dogs( Ruby,Maddie,Billy and Kim), he is eating toast and they want it.
On the left there is precious little Ruby,who was attacked last week by a dog that had escaped it's house and was running the streets. The Stafforshire Bull Terrier bit her and shook her like a rag doll. My mum screamed and several men from the neighbourhood came to help get the dog off poor Ruby. She was taken to the vets and returned a few hours later all stapeled together in several places. She seemed very shocked and quiet, but quite strong.
My mum just phoned this morning to tell me that Ruby started having difficulties with her breathing last night and died at 11pm. I am so upset and shocked, she meant everything to my mum and dad, they are in bits. Their other dog Kim is very traumatised by it all too. It is only 10 day ago that Ruby was at the vets having a lump removed and teeth out, which she was fine after. I feel so sad, Ruby was from a rescue centre, they got her over 3 years ago. She was about 6-8 years old then and had been used over and over to breed puppies, when she was no longer any good for that the people got rid of her. I saw her on the internet and phoned my parents knowing that they always wanted a Daschund, they got her and loved her and spoiled her to bits.
Today it is raining outside and miserable and now I feel full of sorrow, she wasn't only a DOG she was my parents, Precious little Ruby Wobbles and nothing I can say will help and that hurts my heart.

1 comment:

Carole Burant said...

My heart goes out to you and your parents....losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. How very sad that she should be attacked like that and die from her injuries. Has that other dog been reported? Owners have to learn to be more responsible with dogs like that! Hope your parents will be ok! Hugs!